~URGENT DISPATCH~

Tinsel pip,

ATTENTION BOTH THE FOREIGN OFFICE AND EMPIREES: The Dippylomat esq will be back in the novus annus. If you want me to stoop to your level and speak YOUR language next year then subscribe, NOW!

Advertisements

About The Dippylomat, Esq.

A connoisseur, a charmer and a bit of a cad.
This entry was posted in Hodge Podge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to ~URGENT DISPATCH~

1. Ms B says:

And a very Merry Christmas to you too, sir!

• Thanking you kindly Ms B,

And thank you too for escorting me to Colombian Embassy Ball last night, it was a most charmed evening and it was a pleasure to spend it by your side.

~ The Dippylomat esq

• Ms B says:

It was my pleasure Mr Dippylomat – you were most charming and entertaining company all evening. I do hope you have a wonderful Yuletide in the bosom of your family xx

2. One says:

One was expecting another dispatch, this year. One is not amused. 😦

• Oh My Most ‘Onourable One,

You can be such a soppy apeth at times. My time in the UK is a heady mix of cocktail parties and brisk strolls around the country estate; Empire Business will resume shortly.

~ The Dippylomat esq

3. Tess says:

And a God Jul to you Mr Dippylomat!

And I expect (as I am a subscriber) that next year actually WILL be there year when you learn my language.

• Terrible Tess,

While I appreciate your festive well wishes, I would prefer you concentrated upon the household chores I have set for you back at the Penthouse…I expect to find the place spick and span upon my return.

~ The Dippylomat esq.

4. Maligayang Pasko rin sa iyo, ginoo! πŸ™‚

• Ps I think I am following your blog, but WordPress seems to have changed the rules. I have received an email saying I do follow you but you do not show under the tab which shows who I follow. Are you Eccentric Errant as well?

• Yes, I am Eccentric Errant as well, but that is my personal blog which is not terribly exciting at all.

The Background Story is a collaborative blog I am running with three other friends. You have been conversing with only me, though. πŸ™‚

– Lex

5. My dear Lady Background Story,

I will be forever grateful for your loyal companionship, you will of course be added to the Dippylomat Corp’s Christmas Card list for 2012.

~ The Dippylomat esq.

• I am already awaiting that occasion with much anticipation, my good sir. I could only hope that your greeting would come prior to any alien invasions, zombie infestation, or any other forms the apocalypse might take, as predicted by our lovely Mayan friends.

• I think you and your fellow countrymen have had enough alien invasions to last a life time 😦 But never fear any Mayan Mayham, The Dippylomat esq will always take good care of you.

~ The Dippylomat esq.

• I think you and your fellow countrymen have had enough alien invasions to last a life time.

I could not help but laugh at such wit, but alas, what you uttered has sad truth in it. Not just to last a lifetime, but more like several lifetimes. The Spaniards alone were our occupiers for 300 years!

6. Carrie says:

Merry Christmas to you, my good friend! πŸ™‚

One would like to take this opportunity to say one has LOVE reading yor blog this year, and every Friday morning is like Christmas when one is waiting to read your weekly dispatch! Not only are your dispatchs really funny to read, once now know so much about Sweden πŸ™‚

Thank you so much, Mr Dippyolmat, for brighten up our lives! πŸ™‚ God bless you, tiny Tim!

• Such flattery, Countess Carrie,

It will of course get you…everywhere!
      It has been a delight making your acquaintance this year.

From one walking cane user to another, HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

~ The Dippylomat esq.

• Carrie says:

Sorry that meant to say ‘one’ now know so much about Sweden… I was doing three things at once when I wrote my comment.

Merry Christmas!

7. Rebekah says:

Well … a spiffingly, merry Christmas to YOU, Dippy, and a Happy and prosperous New Year!
    I’m already subscribed and I’ve enjoyed this immensely, this short time. My own blog will be moving on the 1st of January …it has graduated to a domain of its own, but I do hope that won’t mean I’ll lose contact with The Dippylomat.

Cheerio! πŸ™‚

• Oh my Dearest and Regal Rebekah,

Thank you for both your readership and you warm wishes. And never fear, you are now locked onto my radar, you cannot escape nomatter the new domain name πŸ™‚

~ The Dippylomat esq.

• Rebekah says:

Good! πŸ™‚ I’m relieved …
        On a totally different note; Do you remember what was the name of the Jubilee Line before? I don’t even know where in England you are, but anyway. I haven’t been there since 1983, when I was dating a Brit, living in Sweden. He had many hang-ups in life, and he refused to ride the Jubilee Line (!)

8. What a curious and bizarre quirk that is, what possible justification did he give for that? I am currently betwixt the city of Cambridge and the city of London in rural Hertfordshire, but I know London and the maze below it well; I believe you MIGHT be refering to a name it was known as up to the late 70s, that being the Fleet Line.

~ The Dippylomat esq.

• Rebekah says:

Ahhh … yes! The Fleet Line! If you take a peek at that link above, you’ll understand a little bit more. He was against royalties, I guess. We did go to Cambridge too..

9. And by the sounds of it he was also against ‘going places’! How queer a trait.

• Rebekah says:

the whole family as an … interesting experience. The father was a professor at some uni. somewhere, and spoke with some type of Oxford accent. I felt very inferior. Nevertheless, I’m glad I went … loved the country.

10. And as a representative of that country, I can say with my hand on my heart..We Loved You.

~ The Dippylomat esq.

11. antropologa says:

Happy merry. πŸ™‚

12. Nkosazana says:

Yes it’s fine πŸ˜€

Merry Christmas on you too!

• It is a proud moment in any man’s life when he scribes his first words in ‘Zulu’! Especially as the Zulus had such fond affection for my Grandmother and her likewise to them.

Perhaps GristyBeasty will read and comment upon this post, it was his mother who grew such a tight bond with the Zulus.
      ~ The Dippylomat esq.

13. Gina says:

Reading but not commenting. I am conserving energy for gin’o clock (somewhere) :p
    God Jul and all of that! Been a great few months with my new places to visit!

14. Merry Christmas and Best Wished to you! Hope you have a splendid X-mas!
    // E

ps. suggestions for X-mas day activities: grynkorv? πŸ˜‰

15. Wait… terrible spelling: Correction!

Merry Christmas and Best WISHES to you!

ps. SUGGESTION for X-mas Day activity: grynkorv!

( so sorry for lousy writing….)

• Oh my Dearest \\E,

You really are The Perennial Perfectionist.

It is not a day of celebration here in Blighty, but while the family seniors gather in the drawing room downstairs, I’d be lying if I said I was not the teeniest bit sozzzled after a few warm-up glasses of the fizzy happy juice.

*discreet burp*

~ The Dippylomat esq.

• Haha, I take being a Perfectionist as a compliment. Alas, I do tend to be a wee bit too picky at times. Do forgive me. However, I am glad that you are enjoying the Christmas Holidays. Yesterday evening my mother and I watched a VERY interesting TV “documentary” from the UK where various famous authors and even Ozzy Osbourne ( WHAAT?) who commented on their own experiences about the X-mas season. WOW. After that I felt refreshed! They talked about SO many things that are sadly but truthfully negative about X-mas. Stress, the drinking, the hollering but the most frightful part of it all: THE GIFTS!! God, they are so true in saying that one spends SO much time on getting the perfect gift for your loved one or relatives but when it comes to the point where you GET gifts – suddenly it’s the same “old crap that I have already got or never wished to have and never will use in my entire life”.

The best comment of all was one of the authors who said: ” Everyone says that X-mas tis the season to be jolly and give gifts and be grateful about life. Well, I can just say:
        BUGGER OFF!” So true… what do YOU think?

Is X-mas REALLY and HONESTLY that jolly? Admit. Do admit. I find X-mas good enough but not great as all these people around me tend to believe it to be. It’s as if we all are engulfed into this false pretense that X-mas is ONLY meant to be happy and positive… whereas the real X-mas happiness is actually not in the part of buying gifts but moreover the stress of getting the CORRECT gift and getting away with it in the end… haha – I sound like Scrooge at his worst. Bless him. But perhaps he does portray some kind of sense in his pessimistic way of life. In the end he does enjoy X-mas… but the question is if we viewers really understand WHY he was miserable from the start? Did we ever question that?

Anyway – this turned out to be more of an essay reply… just thought I wanted to share that immense joy that X-mas is not as “euphoria:n” as we all pretend it to be.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes ANYWAY! πŸ™‚

// E

ps. do remember to blow out the candles before turning in please… πŸ˜› considering you being a little tipsy… ENJOY! πŸ™‚

16. I will get back to you on this one, I have a lot to say on the matter!

17. ladyfi says:

Hope you had a jolly hockey stick kind of Christmas (whatever that may mean!) πŸ˜‰

• My Dearest Fi,

One had a splendid festive feast and subsequent bloated fallout. I trust yours too was of a top class.

For your information, ‘jolly hockey sticks’ is a term used to describe a woman or a girl from an upper social standing who is over enthusiastic to the point of annoyance. Most people use it just to mean a good time nowadays, but I know you would prefer to use it as it was intended, so there you go!

~ The Dippylomat esq.

18. Darla says:

Poking around the web during this dull between holidays week. Discovered your site – splendid! So splendid that I suggested it to others on my blog today (linked it). I’ll be back for sure.

Darla

19. How awfully sweet of you Darla, so sweet of you in fact that I am tempted to refer to you as ‘Darling’!

In two weeks time I’ll be back in my Swedish stomping ground and delivering my next Dispatch.

~ The Dippylomat esq.

20. Hi!

Hope you had a GRRRRRREAT X-mas and I wish you “God FortsΓ€ttning”.

//E

21. Marig V. says:

With delightful, I can say, that my mother language was be spotted here.
    And with sincerely excuses for delay on posting.
    Marigv